Sunday 30 May 2010

Week 5: Finally Relaxing

I'm not sure I have much to report this week. I finally had a BBQ on the Vale on Wednesday. It didn't go fantastically well because our disposable wasn't great. It rained an hour or two afterwards but we took refuge in Bar One and played some pool. That's always good. On Thursday I scheduled a committee meeting for the Northern Society so we could welcome in our new treasurer and plan for the events meeting in just over a week's time. That went rather well and plenty of new ideas were thrown around. On the 8th we'll meet again and hopefully the grant application will be submitted before the 18th. The Guild tries its best to provide societies with funds that are needed for events to go ahead. They do encourage manual fundraising, though, and don't give out grants without some form of fundraising either from donations, membership or an event.

With so much time on my hands, I'm running out of things to do. I do have some things I want to do - or rather, places I want to visit - but most of those things cost so I have to plan them sparsely.

I've been getting a few emails from people asking questions about life here at Birmingham Uni. Do keep them coming. If there's anything anyone wants to know, I'm happy to give a detailed view. If any popular questions come up, I may include them in here. Feel free to leave comments on the posts, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment