Thursday 20 May 2010

Week 4: Hello, Sun.

Is it only week four?! It feels like end of term already. That is, though, because it's the exam term and exams get done pretty quickly. I had my last and only exam on Wednesday, which was alright in retrospect but awful at the time (and very confusing in terms of the set up - not quite like sixth form). My boyfriend's last exam is next Wednesday so he's slightly hating me for finishing so early and apparently having 'nothing to do' - even though I have a list I need to get through and I haven't had a day yet where I've done nothing or had nothing to do.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were not very interesting at all because I spent my entire time (okay so I slacked off a bit but TRIED to spend the entire time...) revising. If you've been reading my previous posts, you'll know I've been looking for work experience within the media. Well, I got an invite from Tim Dagger at the media centre on campus (tucked away under the Aston Webb building) to come in and have a look around and discuss a potential work placement. It all went very well and I'm awaiting information regarding dates and times. In addition to that, I emailed ITV and asked if they had anything for me. I got two separate replies. One was clearly from the secretary, or equivalent, telling me to apply in the normal way via the website. The other was more helpful. I was invited in for a day to see how everything works (which reminds me: update and print off CVs). I could choose this day due to what fits in my schedule so I waited for my exam to be done and the media centre interview to clarify a few things then gave them a date. I suggested either today or tomorrow. They chose tomorrow. At 9.30am. It'll take me about 45 minutes to walk there from my flat (I timed the way back when I went to find the place before). That'll be interesting! I'll report back in next week's post.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were spent mostly chilling on the Vale. That was looovely! The sun and clear sky was making it be in the mid 20sC. I brought out a blanket and a book and chilled there for ages. I'm now quite nicely tanned and nearly constantly yawny. The Vale is such a nice place to relax when the weather's nice. Anywhere you look, there's a BBQ and people are playing frisbee or cricket or rugby. Apparently it's going to cool down mid-week so this weather must be enjoyed whilst it's still here. It feels more like a holiday camp now because of the amount of people hanging out there and the majority of people actually in bikinis and shorts, carrying towels to rest on. Yesterday I made some sausage rolls (from scratch, people!) and me and the boyf had a picnic of sorts and caught some rays.

It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment