Monday 15 March 2010

Week 9: When will Easter arrive?

Oh boy, I've had a long day. Rehearsal with a third year, options for 2nd year meeting, student development enquiry, lecture, library, back to TC with hardly anything to eat and plenty of things to do.

There's more news on forming a Student Group (society). This week we were called in to have an informal meeting with Steve in the Student Development office to go over the basics and to give the details of all our committee members (the minimum is three... and we have three). We received a torrent of information, most of which couldn't really soak into my head at first, but SD have what they call is a 'pick and mix' which is basically just a rack full of leaflets on most frequently asked topics. I won't go into too much detail because it's something you only need to know if you fancy founding a student group or going for a committee post. We're in the process of organising our first social, which requires filling out a Risk Assessment form and doing lots of promoting.

We failed the flat inspection. Twice. After the second time, one of my flatmates was inspired to make the place spotless. I came back after a whole day out and I was absolutely amazed. Even the bin lid was clean. Upon the second fail, there was the same note with the warning of another inspection coming within 2-3 days but unfortunately they appear to have gone against this and have sent us a letter telling us to go and see the Housing People before next Friday. This is particularly frustrating and was not what I wanted to see after waking up at 8am this morning and finishing the 'out-of-flat schedule' at 6pm with inevitable grumpiness due to growing hunger. So that'll be fun.

I've had such a dull weekend, I pretty much have nothing much else to report. Oh, the quiz was awful this week. Absolutely shocking. I may write in to complain, it was that bad. This is a shocker because I adore the quiz. It wasn't the usual guy doing the presenting, though, so that did change things. And I was in a bad mood anyway.

At some point this week I will be going to Lickey Hills so I will report back on that in next week's post.

Love to your mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment